Sunday, June 9, 2013

Week #1 Results


So . . .
How did you do?
Do you feel healthier?

I hope so.  I feel better when I consciously make these decisions, even though part of me really hates it.  Ah, to be 17 again and never to think about calories or exercise . . .

Anyway . . .

FYI (I'm sure you've been wondering!)--the pot stands at $460, and I fully expect one more check in the mail this week and one more person who has contacted me every day but still don't have their money, so the pot will most likely reach a round five hundred smackers.  $250 for each winner.  Not too shabby! "Worth playing for?"  (Name that show!)

Some of you responded to my email question last week about points for pounds, and I considered every opinion.  Here is what I came up with as a solution:

Tally your points for weight lost and weight maintenance just as we originally agreed, but keep the total separate from the rest of your points in your comment.  In weeks five and eight, when the weight loss points and maintenance points will count as double, they will count in the points section of the competition.  During the rest of the competition, I will keep track of them, and they will be used to break any possible tie, whether in points or in pounds lost, so those who are heavier and have more weight to lose still have an advantage, even though it is not as big as it was originally. 

Does that make sense?  Does that seem fair?  I'm still willing to tweak it if this isn't acceptable, so let me know in your comment on this post.

So, to end my diatribe . . .

Leave a comment on this post that includes the following:
  1. Your first name and last initial with your total points earned from the challenge itself--up to 205
  2. Total points earned from weight loss--10 points per pound and 5 points for maintaining your lowest weight
  3. Your opinion on the rule change for points awarded for pounds lost--yes or no?
  4. If you are interested in having your contact info available for a network of support, leave your info--cell number, Facebook, email.
  5. What did you find the hardest part of the challenge this week?  How did that hardest part change over the week--get easier or harder?
Make sure you post your points by 9 am Monday morning.  After week #2, I will tally results and post standings so you can see where you stand against the other 24 competitors.

Remember, next week is double points for exercise, with a total of 240 points possible.

Keep strong, and if you have any questions or if you feel yourself wavering, text or message me!

Good luck!

24 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny D
    1. Total points 205

    2. Weight loss points--two pounds lost, so 25 points, twenty for the lbs., five for new lowest weight

    3. Rule change opinion--obviously I constructed the change, so I agree ;D

    4. I can be contacted by email jenny.denton@cox.net, text or call on my cell (490)229-5840, Facebook message, or a comment on this blog

    5. As I've said a few times this week, drinking all that water really put a damper in my days (and a few of my nights!), but by the end of the week, I found myself actually craving that water and recognizing that my body is often thirsty when I actually think it's hungry. (And passing up nachos as Chase Field on Friday night when I realized it was 8:10 pm was not my favorite moment of the week, either!)

    Looking forward to hearing how all of you fared this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt O.

    1. 205 points!
    2. 45 points
    3. I like the old rule :)
    4. Molsen104@gmail.com
    5. The hardest part for me is the no sweets and no eating after 8PM. Sometimes I don't get off work till 8PM so I have to plan very carefully those days. So far so good, feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt O.

    1. 205 points!
    2. 45 points
    3. I like the old rule :)
    4. Molsen104@gmail.com
    5. The hardest part for me is the no sweets and no eating after 8PM. Sometimes I don't get off work till 8PM so I have to plan very carefully those days. So far so good, feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kesa A.

    1. 197 (if you got my email tonight)

    2. 5 pounds lost (WOW--the no sugar+running actually works!!) so 50 points for the weight loss and 5 for the new lowest weight Total: 55

    3. Yes, I agree.

    4. Anyone can email me at kanderson57@Q.com (I am not of FB)

    5. The hardest has been remembering to check in and also no eating after 8 pm.


    ReplyDelete
  6. Jason A.

    1. 205 points
    2. 55 points
    3. I like the old rule too, but I'm okay with the change.
    4. jgames@gmail.com
    5. Exercise is by far the worst. It didn't get any easier during the week, and if it weren't for the efforts of my better half, there's no way I would have done it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paula A.
    1. 205
    2. 55
    3. Old-simple, new confusing
    4. pra_az@yahoo.com
    5. Need SUGAR!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thomas O.
    1. 205 points
    2. 25 points
    3. I'm fine with either rule
    4. tjolsen88@yahoo.com
    5. Eating after 8pm was the hardest, I am usually at school from 5 to 8ish most weeknights, with no breaks, makes it very hard to eat before 8. The veggie part was pretty hard as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy D.
    1. 202 points
    2. 1 pound lost. 15 weight loss points
    3. Sounds good
    4. (480) 322-9703
    5. I really miss the sweets and I don't like keeping track of everything. But about midweek I started logging the food into myfitnesspal and keeping track of calories too which was very eye opening since I've never done that in my life. It's helped me make some better choices even though I miss the peanut butter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hubert
    1. 172
    2. lost 7 pounds. 75 weight loss points
    3. keep the rules as they were
    4.
    5. No treats has been the hardest and finding time to exercise everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Taylor O
    1. 200
    2. 35 points
    3. I like the change!
    4. I'm on facebook :)
    5. I didn't realize how much I ate after 8 pm! and the treats is a killer. I cheated one day dangit :/ stupid mexican soda that tempted me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alison W
    1. 158
    2. 52+5=57
    3. Don't care, either way is fine with me (change to weight calc)
    4. Anyone can contact me at alisonwhiting@gmail.com
    5. Eating after 8, both because I don't get off work until 6 and because I love food (as a way to wind down). Also had a bout with strep at our house, so the sickness kept us and the points down. :( Overall, pretty good, though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kerri B

    1. 197

    2. 4.6 lbs lost 40+5= 45

    3. either rule is fine

    4. ekbburns1@yahoo.com

    5. The hardest part for me was avoiding all the yummy treats that were brought into work the last week of school. Thankfully schools out and I don't need to worry about that anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eric B

    1. 180

    2. 6.2 lbs lost 60+5=65

    3. either rule is fine

    4. ekbburns1@yahoo.com

    5. The hardest part was only having one diet soda each day...it did get easier by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can you still join this? I could use some extra motivation to loose some of my left over baby weight! :) addington_7@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nancy O.

    1. 205

    2. 5.5 lbs lost 50+5=55

    3. I think the rules as they were when we all signed up

    4. oakesonnancy@yahoo.com

    5. My hardest this week was going totally off soda but I feel so much better. I LOVE my fitness pal! I had never used it before.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greg O

    1. 205

    2. 6 lbs lost 60+5=65

    3. Keep the rule as it was

    4. text 385-227-2755

    5. No eating after 8 was the hardest part for me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amanda H.
    1. 195
    2. 6 pounds lost 60+5=65
    3. Either way works for me
    4. Contact me by email ae.biggs@hotmail.com or on Facebook or by text 480.710.2071
    5. The hardest part for me was no eating after 8pm, especially on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dan E.
    1. 205
    2. 9 pounds lost, 90+5=95
    3. Either way
    4. danjevans7@gmail.com
    5. Not eating sweets or treats - I think it gets easier, because I feel so much better when I don't eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heidi S.

    1. 182
    2. 1 pound lost-15
    3. I don't mind either way :)
    4. Happilyheidi89@gmail.com
    5. Definitely not eating after 8, since I usually don't get home for the day until then.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jen W.
    1. 203
    2. 35
    3. yes
    4. laytonwest@yahoo.com
    5. the hardest part for me is being disciplined :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. 1.202
    2. 2 pounds + 25
    3. the competitor in me wants the % but I don't want to do the math.
    4. facebook, 480-205-5985 or 6boysrmine@gmail.com
    5. the water and after 8 eating. I didn't even miss the sugar knowing I had a cheat day which I saved for sunday and then I only ate 1 cookie and could have actually done with out it which surprised me

    ReplyDelete
  23. Myke O.
    1. 87
    2. No change in weight
    3. I'm cool with either rule.
    4. myke.olsen@gmail.com
    5. One of the biggest problems I have with the challenge is that I'm just not a competitive person and I'm not motivated by money. I'm just not. That explains my low points. I do much better when I look at challenges like this as a support group. I already told Jenny that I'm already not planning on not following the no sugar rule... I don't need to eat sugar every day but I find that if I let myself have a reasonable treat (around 100 calories) every couple days I do much better at keeping it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Greg O.
    1. 205
    2. -2
    3.
    4.
    5. I was camping last weekend and am heading out to Scout Camp in 25 minutes. Hard to max out the points when vacationing, but every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete