Sunday, May 4, 2014




We've been at this three weeks now, folks. Does it seem like just a blink in time, or does it seem like forever since you've binged on cookie dough ice cream?

Let's be honest. It's both, right?


Please report your points by 9 pm tonight to receive full points for the week.

I would love to hear how you're feeling this week. Have you noticed any changes in your body? In your attitude? In your energy?

Has the challenge gotten easier or harder?

For me, I've noticed big changes this week. My body feels stronger (although it isn't much lighter) and my energy has increased. My sleep has been interrupted this week by too many commitments, and I've found that my healthy living has minimized the effects of lost sleep. If you know me, you know this is a miracle in itself! I've also found that I do the calculations in my head a few times a day: "How many veggies is this?" "One more refill of my water cup and I'm done for the day." "If I eat too much, I won't get my maintenance points for the week."

I'd be interested to see how you've felt. In your comments this week, add your analysis.

I will have a tally posted next week of everyone's standings. I don't want you to get discouraged if you're not in the top three. Remember there's a reward to everyone who finishes the challenge, and that sense of accomplishment is almost as good as winning and worth sticking it out to the end.

Thanks for doing this with me. It's been worth it.

17 comments:

  1. Matt O. - 210 points

    I am feeling really good.. The biggest difference for me is the energy from consistently exercising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi B. - 210 points.

    I have noticed a difference in my attitude as well as my energy levels. I am much more willing to put forth the effort to take all 3 of my little kids places, which is good for them and me. The challenge has also gotten easier because it is more of a habit - I have changed my way of thinking, just like you mentioned - I count ounces of water and servings of fruits and veggies.

    I am really glad I decided to do this challenge and stick through it so far because it has had positive effects for not only me, but my family as well. Not only do my family and I get out and do things more often, (maybe also because the weather is warming up? :)) but we are all eating better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam B. - 210 points.

    My body is feeling more used to exercising, but as much as I would like to say I am used to most of the challenge requirements, I still find myself downing 20 oz of water or a serving of veggies just before 8:00 pm.

    This weekend my father-in-law came into town and we decided to go out to dinner. We didn't get our food until 7:47 pm, so Heidi and I ended up scarfing down a burger and fries (Heidi) and fajitas (me) in 13 minutes flat. Then we sat and waited while Brad leisurely ate his meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not going to lie. Still not giving 100%. But I did better than last week. 180 points.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 210 points - Lindsey A

    ReplyDelete
  6. 136! Lowest points for me ever! Terrible week with sick kids and other excuses. I am looking forward to a new week to start over.

    Kesa

    ReplyDelete
  7. 178 Kyra I seem to be able to have minor allergy issues as our trees and blossoms are trying to bloom. Usually a mess but with a routine and healthier habits I am "weathering " the season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny D.
    210
    By the skin of my teeth this week.
    I'm gonna go all out next week--great workouts, not scarfing at 7:56 pm . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah M.
    173
    Much better than my previous weeks. Drinking a gallon of water a day has gotten much easier, as well as eating my fruits and veggies. It's the dang sweets that get me!! Although, it has been less of a temptation for me the longer I abstain from it. Working out everyday has been my main challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bill-192
    Helen-198
    This was harder this week....and I hurt my knee again so I couldn't do my normal exercise...I also had some biometric testing done and feel even more compelled to try harder next week. I have way more energy and see how this program could become a habit. Isn't it ok to drink water after 8:00? I have had to do that a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 170 Maren
    Even though it's been a tough week for many reasons, I am surprised that the things I thought would be really hard in this program, like, not eating past 8 and 3 veggies a day have been fairly easy. I already don't eat sugar, so those are easy points to gain. But WHY is keeping a written food log so hard? (Truthfully, I think it's because I don't want to know how much food I actually consume!) I have been loving the fruits and veggies! But because I haven't felt well, my workouts have all been "lazy". Next week, I am going to get more serious on workouts (not just to check them off) and keep my food logs. I'm still happy for the changes I have made in no late night eating, and adding fruits, veggies and water.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thomas O.
    210
    I like how I don't feel sick to stomach as much since I'm not eating crappy food.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 210
    I lost 3 pounds this week! Wahoo!
    It's crazy how "naturally" I wouldn't even think to eat as many vegetables as I should, so that's helped a lot having to keep track

    ReplyDelete
  15. So this would have been my first full-points week - except then I got busy with something else and realized it was 9:09. Nine minutes short...dang....so I got 203 points. It's definitely getting easier. I feel better. I ran my fastest mile this week too!
    Erica P. 203 pts

    ReplyDelete
  16. 203 points for me too, just can't beat that timer! I have fallen in love with the my fitness pal app. It is so motivating to see how much I am burning or what something actually counts as far as calories, I don't think that made sense, obviously need to get to sleep. Thanks for putting this on!

    ReplyDelete